Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas & Coffee To-Go


BUY A TO-GO CUP FOR YOU AND OTHERS
Help the environment this Christmas!

I am a frequent visitor to Starbucks and I notice that at Christmas time it is very busy there - like everywhere. People stop and get a coffee (tea, etc) to-go before shopping or stop there after to check their Xmas list, and scratch off some items and take a breather after the busy shops and malls.

It is a festive place to go and when it is cold outside - so nice to have that warmth as you hold onto to your warm, frothy drink.

Because I go there so often, it began to bother me how many to-go cups I was going through in a week, a month, a year!! When I really thought about it, I was disappointed in myself. What is this doing to our landfills and environment! There is something we can do to help and that is:
BUY YOUR OWN TO-GO CUP

That can make a HUGE difference - 1 person can indeed make a difference to our environment. Buying do this yourself you will also encourage others to do it. Once you have one, your friends will see it and you can tell them how good you feel about helping the environment in this way. Make them feel guilty! But in a good way.
OR BETTER YET!!

Buy everyone a TO-GO CUP for Christmas!

Now you are making a difference and so is everyone you give it to.

There are so many cool ones out there now, literally one for everyone. You can also buy to-go cups everywhere.
An added bonus is - THEY KEEP YOUR COFFEE/TEA/WHATEVER WARMER FOR LONGER

I keep mine in my car always. Sure at the beginning I would forget it sometimes. When I did, I would scold myself and next time I would usually remember. Also, I feel SO BAD now when I don't use it. It is like remembering my keys now. It has become a habit. Seriously this DOES make a big difference.

Next time you are in your favourite coffee shop, take a look around and see how many people are getting their coffees/teas to go. Just picture ALL those cups gathering every day in a landfill. Imagine the planet being swallowed up by all these paper cups and plastic lids. Don't turn your back, this is something so easy that you ca do. Something so easy that will make a big difference.

There are many ways we can become more conscious about how we affect the environment. You don't have to start all at once. Just implement one thing a day, a week or even a month.
1 PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Also, you will influence those around you.

HELP OTHERS AT CHRISTMAS
There are so many "ECO" gifts to give for Christmas. Plant a tree in someone's name. There are also so many ways to help others in this world at Christmas. We all have so much stuff already, why not give to someone less fortunate. Buy a goat, pay for a child's education, sponsor a child, etc, etc. The options are numerous.

Again - 1 PERSON CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!!

So go out and BUY your OWN to-go cup. Buy one you just love. One that will make you feel good each time you use it.

Take time to enjoy the holiday season and give thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's crazy man. They should really try to do something to fix that.

    ReplyDelete